Charity & Not-for-Profit
Johns & Saggar LLP provide practical advice to over 300 charities and not-for-profit organisation of varying sizes ranging from large aid organisations to start-ups, social enterprises, campaign groups, national associations and mosques and community organisations. We have a real understanding of issues, both large and small, that these institutions face on a day-to-day basis and we offer a comprehensive service to them.
The firm advises charities and not-for-profit organisations on the following issues:
- Setting up and registration with the Charity Commission
- Good governance and strategic planning
- Audit and risk management
- The role of charity trustees/board development
- Charity Commission enquiries, schemes and orders
- Fundraising and grants
- Data protection, confidentiality and Freedom of Information Act issues
- Employing volunteers and paid staff
- International, UK or community trademark applications
- Handling property transactions
- Setting up of trading subsidiaries
- Mergers and collaborative working
The firm has developed a niche in the Muslim sector of the faith-based charities through their thorough understanding of Muslim issues. The firm advises overseas charities, not-for-profit organisations and philanthropists on their charity’s governance in their home countries as well as setting up in the UK. The firm assists high net worth individuals in setting up and managing Charitable Foundations including clients who wish to set up their Charitable Foundations in accordance with Islamic principles (WAQFs).
The team complements and adds value to each other’s skills, experience and knowledge to provide a complete, friendly and efficient service to their not-for-profit clients.
Get in touch
For more information on all aspects of Charity Law, please contact Khalid Sofi on 020 3490 1475 or email@example.com.